Posted: Oct 18, 2019
OWINGS MILLS, Md. - Stevenson women's soccer freshmen Megan Meyer and Lexi Roloson each netted their first career goals en route to a 5-0 MAC Commonwealth victory over Lycoming Friday evening at Mustang Stadium.
- On the first corner kick of the game, junior Allison Arters played the ball to the near post before it was flicked by junior Melanie Parncutt to the feet of freshman Cassidy Butler who played it back inside the near post to give the Mustangs (7-7-1, 4-1-0 MAC Commonwealth) the early lead just 3:15 into the contest.
- Butler had another look at goal on the next corner kick, but her header inside the six-yard box went right to Jess Riordan.
- The Warriors (7-7-1, 0-4-0 MAC Commonwealth) had thier first good look of the evening in the 23rd minute when Megan Oyler's shot was grabbed in the air by junior Keegan Caffrey.
- On the first corner kick by Lycoming, the ball bounced around before making its way to Elle Sarracco who headed a shot over the crossbar.
- In the 53rd minute, Meyer gave the hosts a two-goal lead after Butler played the ball back in after her initial crossed was cleared out. Freshman Julia Nephew played the ball back to Butler whose cross went through the hands of Oyler and to the feet of Meyer.
- The Mustangs pushed their lead to 3-0 in the 72nd minute after senior Brianna Christie played a through ball toe Nephew who crossed it to senior Alayna Roesener across the face of the goal.
- In the 84th minute, just 12 seconds apart, Roloson and senior Marissa Inglisa scored back-to-back unassisted goals to push the lead to 5-0.
- Senior Rylie Patterson helped preserve the shutout with a save on the goal line in the final 10 seconds of the contest.
- Stevenson outshot Lycoming, 25-9, including 16-2 in the first half.
- The Mustangs also held a 9-1 advantage in corner kicks.
- With the win, Stevenson improves to 8-0 all-time versus Lycoming, including the sixth shutout.
- Caffrey finished with six saves for her fifth shutout of the season.
- Butler and Roesener each netted their third goal of the season while Inglisa scored her fifth.
- Stevenson returns to action on Saturday, October 26 when the Mustangs host a MAC Commonwealth contest versus Widener beginning at 7:30 p.m.