Posted: Mar 04, 2020
ASHLAND, Va. - The Stevenson University softball team opened it's 2020 season at 18th-ranked Randolph-Macon on Wednesday afternoon to split the doubleheader. The Mustangs defeated the Yellowjackets in game one, 3-2, but fell in game two, 5-0.
- Stevenson (1-1) got on the board first in the bottom of the first after junior Erin Muir singled to the left field to bring in Kayla Briles and Haley Lennon, 2-0.
- In the bottom of the second, Ali Celiberti sent in a home run for Randolph-Macon (5-2-1) to bring the Yellowjackets within one, 2-1.
- Briles took a single-hit to first to later advance on a steal and score a run, 3-1, on a passed ball in the top of the third.
- Shelby Hill brought the game to, 3-2, after a Celiberti walk to advance Erin Doyle and Sami Davidson.
- Briles went 4-for-4 at the plate and stole twice for the Mustangs.
- Morghan Fulton recorded three strikeouts in the circle.
- The Yellowjackets recorded four runs in the bottom first before adding one run in the fourth inning.
- Fulton was 1-for-3 at the plate.
- The senior duo Fulton and Muir each recorded one hit.
- The Mustangs had two errors in the second game.
- Stevenson finished with 11 combined hits.
- Stevenson hit .143 behind the plate.
- Muir recorded two RBIs.
- The Mustangs return to action on Wednesday, March 11 as they travel to Wesley for a non-conference doubleheader set for 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Stevenson will have its home opener on Sunday, March 22 against Baruch for a doubleheader at Weinberg-Fine Stadium. First pitch is set for 12:00 p.m.