Sep 18, 2019
GLASSBORO, N.J. - The Stevenson University field hockey team got fourth-quarter goals from Jean Hart and Emma Adams, but the Mustangs were bested by second-ranked Rowan University 7-2 Wednesday night.
- Rowan (6-0) got on the board just 1:15 into the game on a Kristina Castagnola goal.
- Krystyna Hovell made it 2-0 in favor of the hosts at the 7:23 mark.
- Anna Bauer and Kaitlin Karns had back-to-back shots on goal for Stevenson (2-6) just past the eight-minute mark but both were turned aside by Prof goalie Morgan Novak.
- Rowan scored three goals in a span of 2:32 to increase its lead to 5-0 with just under six minutes gone by in the second.
- Alyssa Magliaro scored at the 23:20 mark to make it a 2-0 game.
- The Profs took a 6-0 lead into intermission.
- Hovell posted her second goal of the game 51 seconds into the frame.
- The Mustangs generated a penalty corner just past the eight-minute mark of the third quarter.
- Karns put a shot on goal with just under seven minutes left.
- The Mustangs generated a pair of penalty corners and on the second corner, Hart scored from just inside the circle on a feed from Brooke Morris at the 54:38 mark.
- Adams scored with 2:16 remaining when she put home a rebound of a shot by Karns that was saved by Rowan.
- Rowan outshot Stevenson 17-9 and had 11 of the game's 14 penalty corners.
- Kelsey Eure had four saves in goal for the Mustangs.
- Karns finished with five shots, with four on target.
- Hart's goal was the first of her collegiate career.
- Stevenson's two late goals broke up the Profs' bid for their third straight shutout.
- Stevenson hosts Centenary (N.J.) College on Saturday at 4 pm at Mustang Stadium.